If your commercial facility is less than 75,000 square feet and has industrial process systems, such as a compressed air system, you may be eligible for BGE’s Small Building Tune-up Services. Designed to provide a streamlined approach to building tune-ups, this service focuses on common improvements to operating efficiency that result in a quick return on investment.
BGE’s Small Building Tune-up Services typically include:
- Walk-through assessment and development of an action plan
- Calibration of building systems and controls
- Replacement of equipment filters
- Cleaning of evaporator and condenser coils
- Sealing of compressed air leaks
- Rebalancing of air handling systems
How to Participate: Small BuildingTune-up Services
- You may select a Building Tune-up Service Provider OR an Energy Solutions for Business Service Provider.
- Contact us at business@BGESmartEnergy.com or call 410.290.1202 to see if you qualify.
- After you select a Service Provider, your Service Provider will assist you in completing and submitting the Small Building Tune-up Services Application.
- In reviewing program applications, BGE will select projects that meet program eligibility and criteria for cost-effectiveness, energy savings, and verifiability.
Up to $5,000 Towards Enhanced Equipment Metering
For projects participating in the Small Building Tune-up (SBT) and Large Building Tune-up (LBT) Programs, Up to $5,000 (per project) is available for additional equipment-level metering installed to baseline the equipment before and after the tune-up to verify savings. Project pre-approval is required.
For Pre-Approval submit the following information to the program:
- Complete the Small Building Tune-up or Large Building Tune-up Application (if not already done so)
- Identify savings measure(s) that will be metered, the anticipated calculated savings for each measure, and what metering equipment will be used and the placement of the metering equipment
- Provide the Pre- and Post- metering plan for each measure. Minimum of 30 days of pre-measurement data before the measure is implemented and 30 days of post measurement data after the measure is implemented is required. The pre- and post-measurement data must be continuous.
The Enhanced Equipment Incentive is paid when the program receives an EXCEL file of the pre- and post- (hourly) electrical consumption data and the project has met the Small Building Tune-up and Large Building Tune-up Program requirements. Contact your program rep or 410.290.1202 for more information.