At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, BGE recommends that participating contractors and Service Providers only enter buildings with the prior consent of businesses, and that they follow the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommended precautions. Please check back soon for updates.
Capture the maximum energy-saving potential in your new construction or major renovation project by examining the building as an integrated system. Take advantage of financial incentives that can cover up to 90% of the price difference between standard and energy-efficient equipment and measures, or to buy down the cost to a one-year payback period, whichever is less.
The Comprehensive Design track is most appropriate for large buildings with 150 tons or more of cooling—and where substantial architectural, lighting and HVAC system improvements are possible. To participate, your project must meet the following criteria:
- Have at least 75,000 square feet of air-conditioned space.
- Be new construction or a major renovation of an existing building that includes all new mechanical and lighting systems.
- Incorporate energy efficiency measures for the building envelope, interior lighting and HVAC systems, including high-efficiency cooling equipment.
- Achieve a projected minimum combined annual energy savings of at least 20% compared to the base case design (on-site generation and alternate energy may not be counted toward the savings).
- Have an interior lighting power density in the final design that is at least 10% more efficient than ASHRAE 90.1 – 2010.
Comprehensive Design projects also require a building performance modeling study to help you identify and analyze potential energy efficiency projects. To participate, you must have a comprehensive study performed by a participating Service Provider. Funding for up to 50% of this study (limited to $20,000) is available through our Technical Services program.
Comprehensive Design projects may be eligible for up to $5,000 in design assistance to engage your team throughout the process and help offset a portion of the additional costs.