How to Participate
- Complete the appropriate application via the Application Center. Await preapproval before proceeding. Be sure to include the required supporting information along with your application.
- Receive notice that your project has been preapproved. A site inspection may be required as part of BGE’s approval process.
- Purchase and install the new equipment. Notify BGE before implementing any changes to the approved project scope.
- Sign and return the preapproval letter and provide invoices for all the energy efficiency measures. Ensure that the final equipment installed is identical to the equipment specified in your initial application. BGE may require a post-installation inspection to verify compliance with program rules and verify the accuracy of project documentation and equipment operation. You’ll be notified when your project has been approved for payment.
- Receive your incentive check within 6 to 8 weeks after the project’s completion and payment approval.