Boost Your Sales with Energy Efficiency Rebates
The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® provides a variety of rebates from $250 to $1,500 per system to encourage homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their heating and cooling equipment. These rebates represent an important sales opportunity for contractors who can offer high-quality equipment to their customers. Become a participating contractor today!
How to Participate
Simply follow the 3 steps below to enroll as a participating HVAC contractor.
Step 1: Review the Program Overview.
Step 2: Fill out and submit the Contractor Participation Agreement (Coming Soon!) and upload a current copy of your Maryland HVACR license, W-9 Form and Certificate of Insurance. You must wait for confirmation of enrollment and attend program training before you go on to Step 3 and print and begin submitting any rebate applications.
Step 3: Click here to fill out and submit the online rebate application form for each customer.
- Contractors must be registered with and approved by the program before the work is completed.
- Contractors must submit the rebate application and all associated documentation on behalf of the customer.
- The BGE customer’s home must be a separately metered, single-family unit (detached or attached*) with a gas or electric system.
- The customer applying for a qualifying central A/C unit, air source heat pump, geothermal heat pump and/or ductless mini-split A/C or heat pump rebate must receive electric distribution service from BGE.
- The customer applying for a qualifying gas furnace incentive must receive gas distribution service from BGE.
- This offer is not valid for new construction homes or commercial properties, except for the installation of a geothermal system in new construction homes that are not part of the New Homes for ENERGY STAR® Program.
- To be processed, rebate applications must be accompanied by an invoice for the completed work that includes:
- Full name of the BGE account holder
- Premise location where the work was completed
- Service date
- Complete cost of the work performed
*Attached units are defined as duplexes, condominiums or townhouses. Multifamily residential units are not eligible.