Boost Your Sales with Energy Efficiency Rebates
The BGE Smart Energy Savers Program® provides a variety of rebates from $250 to $1,500 per system to encourage homeowners to improve the energy efficiency of their heating and cooling equipment. These rebates represent an important sales opportunity for contractors who can offer high-quality equipment to their customers. Become a participating contractor today!
How to Participate
Simply follow the 3 steps below to enroll as a participating HVAC contractor.
Step 1: Review the Program Overview.
Step 2: Click here to (https://www.bgeappliancerebates.com/login-user) visit the Participating Contractor registration portal, where you will enter the appliance rebate and contractor login portal. Select "Log In" on the right side of the page under contractor login. You will be directed to the contractor landing page, where you click "Click here to begin" on the left-hand side of the page. Enter your contact information and submit. This will submit a request to become a participating contractor.
Step 3: Once your request is received and reviewed, you will be invited back to the portal to create a login and password. Once you have accessed the website with your newly created credentials, you will need to provide a current copy of your Maryland HVACR license, a signed and dated W-9, and a current Certificate of Insurance with CLEAResult named as a certificate holder:
BGE Smart Energy Savers Program
9108-A Guilford Road
Columbia, MD 21046
- Contractors must be registered with and approved by the program before the work is completed.
- Contractors must submit the rebate application and all associated documentation on behalf of the customer.
- The BGE customer’s home must be a separately metered, single-family unit (detached or attached*) with a gas or electric system.
- The customer applying for a qualifying central A/C unit, air source heat pump, geothermal heat pump and/or ductless mini-split A/C or heat pump rebate must receive electric distribution service from BGE.
- The customer applying for a qualifying gas furnace incentive must receive gas distribution service from BGE.
- This offer is not valid for new construction homes or commercial properties, except for the installation of a geothermal system in new construction homes that are not part of the New Homes for ENERGY STAR® Program.
- To be processed, rebate applications must be accompanied by an invoice for the completed work that includes:
- Full name of the BGE account holder
- Premise location where the work was completed
- Service date
- Complete cost of the work performed
*Attached units are defined as duplexes, condominiums or townhouses. Multifamily residential units are not eligible.