Switching to ENERGY STAR® certified lighting can help you save energy and money. And, with instant discounts up to $3.50 on select ENERGY STAR® certified LEDs you can save even more!
Receiving your discount is easy! Discounts from the BGE Smart Energy Savers Program are included in your purchase price—just look for the "Reduced Price" sticker at a participating retailer and head to the register!
How do LEDs compare to traditional incandescent bulbs?
- Energy Efficiency. They use up to 90% less energy than incandescent bulbs.
- Cost Savings. Improved energy efficiency means each bulb can save you nearly $55 in electricity costs over its lifetime.*
- Long Life. They last at least 15 times longer, so you don’t have to replace them as often,which is great for hard-to-reach places.
- Variety. LEDs come in a variety of styles, lumens (the unit for brightness), and temperatures—from dimmable candelabra bulbs to bright spotlights—so you’ll find options to fit almost any fixture in your home.
- Instant Discounts. Select ENERGY STAR certified LEDs qualify for instant discounts, which saves you even more!
Switching to LEDs? Learn more about recycling your old CFL light bulbs.
You can also save up to $8 on Light Fixtures! Learn more.
Limit 25 bulbs per customer. BGE does not warrant or endorse any manufacturer. Program is subject to change or termination at any time. Instant discounts are provided on select ENERGY STAR® LEDs.