The BGE ENERGY STAR for New Homes Program aims to significantly increase the market share of ENERGY STAR certified new homes in central Maryland. As the number of energy-efficient homes grows, so too will the demand for home energy ratings, creating a significant business opportunity for certified HERS service providers. Your support helps ensure that each home constructed by participating builders meets program requirements for energy efficiency, safety, quality, and comfort.
How to Participate as a Rater
Certified home energy raters are integral participants in BGE’s ENERGY STAR for New Homes Program. To earn the ENERGY STAR label and qualify for BGE’s financial incentives, builders must work with a RESNET-accredited HERS rater registered with the program.
Online Program Application
To become an approved program rater, please complete the Online HERS Rater Application.
Online Home Registration System
After your application has been approved, you will be able to register accepted homes with the program and provide the required documentation by logging in to the Online Home Registration System. You will need the email address and password you used when you completed your initial program application.
Visit the New Home Online Data Entry Instructions for a description of how to perform the online data entry.
Home Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for incentives, your clients’ homes must meet the following criteria:
- Be separately metered single-family residential construction (attached homes included)
- Have electric distribution service provided by BGE
- Be completed within the calendar year of application submittal
- Have all required ENERGY STAR inspections
- Not have passed rough framing at the point of application
For more information, click on the links below:
- Rater FAQs
- Become a RESNET-certified rater
- ENERGY STAR for Home Energy Raters web page
- List of Participating Raters
Please direct any questions to: