Home Energy Audit
Getting Your Home Energy Audit
Once you've scheduled your audit and the date is set, a certified contractor will use diagnostic equipment to perform this comprehensive evaluation and determine how improvements throughout your home can work together to increase energy efficiency and savings.
This process may include:
- Testing your home for air leakage, which contributes to higher energy costs.
- Camera tests using infrared images to assess your home's insulation, which can directly affect comfort and energy efficiency performance.
- Safety testing to detect carbon monoxide and natural gas leaks.
- Checking for proper ventilation, which is critical to reducing indoor air pollutants and preventing moisture and mold growth in your home.
In addition to the home energy audit, the following simple energy-saving items may be installed with your permission - at no additional cost:
- LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow showerheads—fixed mount or handheld
- Water heater pipe insulation
- "Smart" power strips
- ShowerStart® showerhead adapter
Following your audit, you'll learn about the rebates available for upgrades to solve the energy efficiency problems identified in your home. Making those upgrades can help you save even more energy and money.
This offer is valid for BGE residential customers applying through the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program only. To qualify, the homeowner must be a residential BGE customer with a BGE account number and work with a participating contractor.
All BGE residential electric and/or natural gas distribution customers are eligible, regardless of your electricity and/or natural gas supplier.
Interested in becoming a participating contractor? Learn more about the opportunity.