At BGE, safety is our top priority. As part of our commitment to safety, we’re closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking appropriate precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers, contractors and employees. At this time, BGE recommends that participating contractors and Service Providers only enter buildings with the prior consent of businesses, and that they follow the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC) recommended precautions. Please check back soon for updates.
Just like a tune-up for your car, a building tune-up evaluates your facility’s various systems and fine-tunes how they operate for optimal performance and energy efficiency. Typically, this service can reduce overall energy use from 5% to 15% with minimal financial investment.
A building tune-up can yield the following benefits:
- Return equipment to its proper operational state.
- Extend the service life of equipment.
- Reduce maintenance and repair costs.
- Improve outside air control and indoor air quality.
- Improve occupant comfort and reduce complaints.
- Optimize operation of chiller and other equipment.
- Adjust and correct operating schedules for equipment.
- Develop a comprehensive energy saving plan.
How We Can Help
Our Building Tune-up Program offers financial incentives to cover up to 75% of the service cost for identifying and implementing relatively low-cost operational and maintenance improvements, with a cap of $25,000 per project for small building tune-ups and $50,000 per project for large building tune-ups.
Choose from the following services: