Let us pick up and haul away your old refrigerator or freezer for recycling—at no additional cost to you—and get rewarded!
- $50 reward for recycling an old, working refrigerator or freezer.
- $25 reward if you also recycle an old, working room air conditioner or dehumidifier at the same time as your refrigerator or freezer.
What Is a No-Contact Pickup?
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, to ensure the safety of customers and contractors, we’re only collecting appliances from designated locations outside of customers’ residences, including garages, porches and outbuildings. No-contact pickups will enable our staff to collect and recycle your old appliance(s) while you remain safely inside your home. During your no-contact appliance pickup, our team will be wearing personal protective equipment, including masks, safety glasses and disposable gloves.
To learn more about no-contact pickups, check out our FAQs.
Have questions? Call 866.898.1901 for more information.
Who Can Participate
- All appliance(s) must be collected from an outside location (e.g., garage, porch or outbuilding)
- The refrigerator and/or freezer must be 10 to 30 cubic feet.
- The refrigerator, freezer and/or dehumidifier must be cleaned out.
- The refrigerator or freezer must be defrosted and dry, drip pan drained and water lines disconnected.
- Your appliance(s) must be in working condition. We are unable to accept any appliance(s) with mold or mildew damage.
- Ensure that the refrigerator or freezer is closed securely and cannot be opened by children.
- There must be a clear and safe passage for appliance removal. We cannot remove railings or move furniture.
- An adult age 18 or older must be present at the time of pickup.
- Limit of three large units (refrigerators and/or freezers) and four small units (room air conditioners and/or dehumidifiers) per BGE residential household from 1/1/2018 through 12/31/2020.
Getting Your Reward
Renters and Landlords
If you are a renter or landlord applying for an appliance recycling reward, you may need to submit an additional form before you can receive your check. Learn more.