A Quick Home Energy Check-up is a fast, easy way to learn about your home's energy efficiency and start saving energy immediately. It's a one-hour walk-through of your home with a certified checkup professional. And, because you're a BGE customer, the Check-up, and the energy-saving products that we install during a Check-up, are provided to you at no additional cost!
How It Works
1. The walk-through. When you schedule a Check-up, one of our energy efficiency professionals will come to your home and perform a walk-through to inspect the condition of the following items:
- Insulation levels
- Air leakage
- Heating and cooling systems
- Windows and doors
- Lighting and appliances
- Water-heating equipment
2. The upgrades. We'll install energy-saving measures that may include the following items, at no additional cost:
- LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Efficient-flow showerheads
- Water heater pipe insulation
- "Smart" power strips
- ShowerStart® showerhead adapter
3. The report. After the Check-up is completed, you’ll receive a report that includes recommendations to help you reduce your energy use and save money.
How to Schedule A Quick Home Energy Check-up
Only the certified contractors on this list are authorized to perform Quick Home Energy Check-ups on behalf of BGE.
Questions? Check out our FAQs.