To participate in the BGE Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® Program, simply follow the steps below:
- To get started, fill out an Interest Form. You will then be contacted by one of the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Account Managers, who will explain the program to you and answer any questions.
- Register and take the BPI Building Analyst Training.
- Have at least one staff person achieve BPI Building Analyst Certification and BPI Envelope Professional Certification by passing written and field tests.
- Obtain and maintain EPA’s Lead-Safe Certification.
- Purchase or have available diagnostic equipment, such as a blower door, required of home performance contractors to conduct assessments and sell comprehensive work effectively.
- Download, sign and submit the Contractor Participation Agreement with your Program Application to demonstrate the capacity of your business to participate in the program
- Learn to use the Home Energy Advisor software, a nationally recognized tool for estimating energy savings from proposed work, which helps you:
- Produce professional reports for customers.
- Report evaluations and installed work to the BGE Home Performance with ENERGY STAR Program.