Looking to lower your home’s energy use and costs while preventing future problems (and headaches) with your heating and cooling equipment? An HVAC Tune-up with BGE is a great place to start. And, it’s available at no additional cost to you!
An HVAC Tune-up will identify any problems your system may have and restore your equipment to its optimal working condition through various procedures, including:
- System diagnostic testing
- Coil inspection
- Indoor and outdoor coil cleaning (if accessible)
- Electrical inspection
- Refrigerant level inspection
- Condensate drain cleaning
The net result is a more energy-efficient system that’ll help you save energy and money.
Why Get a Tune-up?
- Save money. Preventative HVAC maintenance benefits you in more ways than one. It can help to prevent costly breakdowns by as much as 95%, reduce your energy use and extend the life of your system.
- Improve your home’s air quality. Every day we share our homes with a variety of substances that we would rather not breathe. These can range from common indoor allergens like ordinary household dust to pet dander, dust mites, cigarette smoke, pollen and mold. Having your air ducts professionally cleaned will help ensure that the warm or cold air being pumped through your vents is as well-filtered as possible.
- Improve your home’s comfort. HVAC systems keep you comfortable year-round. Regular maintenance will help your system produce and distribute warm or cool air more evenly around your home and minimize the chances that system noises or odors will impact your quality of life.
- Help the environment. A well-maintained HVAC system consumes considerably less fuel, which is good for the planet and your wallet. Your Tune-up technician can also help you understand what kind of refrigerant you’re using, its impact on the environment and your options.
Preparing for the Tune-up
Here are the two most important things to do before your Tune-up:
- Prepare any questions you may have about your system, its operation or any comfort concerns in your home.
- Ensure that the areas around your equipment are cleared out to make it easy for your technician to gain access.
One way you can help supplement the beneficial results of your Tune-up is to inspect, clean or change your equipment air filters. Your technician can show you how to do this. A dirty filter can increase energy costs and damage your equipment, which can lead to early breakdowns.