Get a $75 Rebate
Heating and cooling account for up to 50% of the energy you use at home. A simple way to reduce your energy use is to install an ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostat, which is a Wi-Fi enabled device that automatically adjusts your home's temperature. Plus, you can get a $75 rebate on select models!* It’s convenient, easy to use and saves energy and money!
How to Participate
- Shop online at the BGE Marketplace and get an instant discount.
- Get an instant rebate at select retailers.
- Buy from any retailer and submit a rebate form online or through the mail.
- Or, get a smart thermostat at no additional cost when you enroll in BGE's PeakRewardsSM
Save Money, Improve Comfort and Enjoy the Convenience
When you upgrade to a smart thermostat, you can:
- Control your home's heating and cooling from anywhere using your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Rely on smart technology to learn your temperature preferences and automatically adjust to energy-saving temperatures when you're asleep or away.
- Save energy with low power mode during periods of inactivity.
- Track and manage your home's energy use.
- Recycle your old thermostat.
Renters and Landlords
If you are a renter or landlord applying for a smart thermostat rebate, you may need to send in an additional form with your smart thermostat rebate, or you may need to use a different form altogether.
- If you are a renter and purchased the eligible appliance or equipment, but you are not the BGE account holder complete the rebate form for the product you purchased AND the Addendum for Incentive Payment to Renter for Smart Thermostat Purchase.
- If you are a landlord and purchased the eligible appliance or equipment and your tenant is the BGE account holder, complete the rebate form for the product you purchased AND the Addendum for Incentive Payment to Landlord for Smart Thermostat Purchase.
*To be eligible for a rebate of $75, you must be a BGE residential customer with a heat pump, central air conditioner, gas furnace or gas boiler, and purchase a qualifying smart thermostat. Limit three rebates per household.
Click here to see full terms and conditions.