Get a $100 Rebate
Heating and cooling account for up to 50% of the energy you use at home. A great way to reduce your energy use is to install an ENERGY STAR® certified smart thermostat, which is a Wi-Fi enabled device that automatically adjusts your home's temperature. It’s convenient, easy to use and saves energy—and money! Plus, you can get a $100 rebate on select models!*
Save Money and Improve Comfort
With an ENERGY STAR certified smart thermostat, you can:
- Control your home's heating and cooling system from your computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Set energy-saving temperatures when you're asleep or away from home.
- Rely on the device to learn your preferences and automatically adjust your home's temperature.
- Track your energy use and temperature data to boost efficiency and savings.
- Get a $100 rebate!
How to Participate
Here are three easy ways you can make the switch today:
- Purchase an ENERGY STAR certified thermostat online or from a Maryland retailer and install it yourself.
- Contact a participating HVAC contractor to purchase and install it for you.
- Contact a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR contractor to purchase and install it for you.
Apply online for faster processing, or print and mail in your rebate application. To learn how to get an ENERGY STAR thermostat at no additional cost, click here to find out about BGE's PeakRewardsSM program.
Renters and Landlords
If you are a renter or landlord applying for an appliance rebate, you may need to send in an additional form with your appliance rebate, or you may need to use a different form altogether.
- If you are a renter and purchased the eligible appliance or equipment, but you are not the BGE account holder complete the rebate form for the product you purchased AND the Addendum for Incentive Payment to Renter for Smart Thermostat Purchase.
- If your landlord is the BGE account holder, complete the rebate form for the product you purchased AND the Addendum for Incentive Payment to Landlord for Smart Thermostat Purchase.
*To be eligible for a rebate of $100, you must be a BGE residential customer with a heat pump, central air conditioner, gas furnace or gas boiler, who purchases a qualifying smart thermostat. Limit three rebates per household.